Saturday, March 31, 2012

News of the Week


New Citadel Paint Line


So lots of changes afoot in the 40K universe. The most well known being Games Workshop's new paint line. I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or not. Essentially they have doubled their paint line to 145 paints and completely renamed everything. Further, they broke everything down to bases, layers, washes and dry brush paints. Hopefully the quality of the paints have improved as well. If not, there is always Reaper and Tamiya. See the color chart for the name changes.

Introduction video:




Sighhhh so many paints and so little money.


Dark Millennium no longer a MMO


THQ has announced that Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online will no longer be developed as a MMO.  Instead it will be a single player campaign with multi-player additions.

"As previously announced, we have been actively looking for a business partner for the game as an MMO," said THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell. "However, based on changing market dynamics and the additional investment required to complete the game as an MMO, we believe the right direction for us is to shift the title from an MMO to a premium experience with single and multiplayer gameplay, robust digital content and community features. Because we believe strongly in the high-quality and vast creative work that is in production, this is the right decision for both our portfolio and for gamers devoted to this powerful property.” 

Personally I'm a little relieved.  I friggen hate MMOs yet still would have been drawn to this game like a moth to a flame.  I won't have to deal with little picknoses and sunlight allergic basement dwellers "pwning" me and other part time players.

A lot of this was due to THQ's budget cutbacks and layoffs.  THQ is one of my favorite game producers and I wish them the best of luck.


*<Blank>* Season of Flyers


The rumors of a new line of flyers abound.  Everything from Space Marin Jetbikes to transports seem to be on the table.  Now supposedly  a new Forge World model, the Storm Eagle is being released and officially announced tomorrow.  Now being that tomorrow is April 1st, there is speculation that this may be a April Fools hoax.  If so I know at least one person who plans on seeing who laughs last when he burns down Forge World and dances around the puddles of molten resin.

Photo from Forge World

Adepticon!


Adepticon is next month April 19th to the 22nd.  If you have not registered, you are too late.  If you have and are attending, you suck.  A lot of people assumed I was going.  I'm not sure why they thought I was going to be there, but it was nice to know a couple folks we're looking forward to meeting me.  Perhaps another year.

More videos


I'll be making new how to videos soon.  Since YouTube now lets me go over 15 minutes I can do it all in one shot.  First up, will be a start to finish beginners guide to basing minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment